There`s no doubt in the fact that the medicine today offers lots of options in terms of pregnancy terms which are available in almost any store out there. But there are still women who prefer to find out if they are pregnant through more natural ways. If you are one of those women, then you probably are looking for a homemade pregnancy test that works.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Do I Confirm my Pregnancy?
- 2 How Can I Check my Pregnancy at Home without Kit?
- 3 How Do You Do the Baking Soda Gender Test?
- 4 15 Homemade Pregnancy Tests That Work
- 4.1 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Toothpaste
- 4.2 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Sugar
- 4.3 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Vinegar
- 4.4 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Soap
- 4.5 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Dandelion
- 4.6 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pine Sol
- 4.7 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Tylenol and Peroxide
- 4.8 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Bleach
- 4.9 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wine
- 4.10 Latch Homemade Pregnancy Test
- 4.11 The “Pulse” Homemade Pregnancy Test
- 4.12 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pines
- 4.13 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Onion
- 4.14 Urine Homemade Pregnancy Test
- 4.15 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wheat
- 4.16 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Mustard
- 4.17 A Method from Antiquity
- 4.18 A Check of Physical Health
How Do I Confirm my Pregnancy?
If you think you may be pregnant, there are a couple of choices you have to confirm your pregnancy:
- You can take a urine pregnancy test from your nearest store and test it on your own at home.
- You can ask your gynecologist to do an examination.
- You can give your urine to your doctor to test it.
- You can take a blood test at the nearest clinic.
How Can I Check my Pregnancy at Home without Kit?
- You can collect a sample of your urine in a vessel just like you would do with a normal pregnancy test.
- You then leave it without touching it for around 3 or 4 hours.
- If you see a white film forming on the urine`s surface, you may suspect a pregnancy.
- If your urine remains clear, you probably aren`t pregnant.
How Do You Do the Baking Soda Gender Test?
This test is quite simple!
- Place 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup.
- Add a sample of your urine in the cup.
- If the mixture fizzes, similar to a shaken up soft drink, then you may have a boy. If there`s no reaction, you may have a girl.
This idea may suggest that the baby`s gender may change some of the hormones in the organism of the mother, changing part of the acid content of the mother`s urine. You`ll better understand this if you have ever seen baking soda and vinegar mixed together.
15 Homemade Pregnancy Tests That Work
There are several homemade methods of testing a pregnancy that may be more or less reliable. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Toothpaste
- Take some toothpaste and put it in a bowl or container.
- Use a brush to mix it with your urine.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- If there`s hCG hormone in your urine, it will form some sort of a reaction with the chemicals of the toothpaste.
- If the new color is more bluish, you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Sugar
As you may already know, sugar is one of the most common ingredients that can be found in a kitchen. The process of this test goes like this.
- Add 2 or 3 teaspoons of sugar in a container or bowl.
- Add a sample of your urine over the sugar.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- If the sugar clumps in the container, you might be pregnant.
- If you see the whole sugar dissolved, you may not be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Vinegar
Almost any woman out there has vinegar in her kitchen. There`s a test with this ingredient that may clear things a bit about a possible pregnancy. – More info!
- Take ¼ cup of vinegar and tuna juice.
- Add a sample of your urine over them.
- Wait for a few minutes for the new mixture to combine.
- If the combination turns into green, you may be pregnant.
- If it`s yellowish, you might not be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Soap
If you are used to consume soap to wash your clothes the old fashioned way and not using an automatic washing machine, you could used it to and see if you are pregnant.
- Get a bar of soap.
- Add a sample of your urine on top of the soap.
- If you see the soap bubble up to a certain degree, chances are you might be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Dandelion
You may be quite surprised, but did you know that there`s even a pregnancy test using dandelion leaves? See how to perform this test below!
- Take 1-2 cups of dandelion leaves.
- Use a container or a bowl to add the leaves.
- Avoid putting the container in direct sunlight.
- Add a sample of your urine on top of the leaves.
- The leaves need to be completely sunk under the urine sample.
- Wait for about 10 minutes.
- If you see some red bumps on the leaves, you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pine Sol
If you have a bottle Pine Sol sitting around your bathroom, you may use it to see if you are pregnant.
- Add a small amount of Pine Sol in a cup.
- Add a sample of your urine in the same cup.
- Wait for a few minutes for the 2 liquids to mix.
- You may be pregnant if you see a change of color in the new mixture.
The idea of this test is simple. The anti-bacterial agent is considered to be quite reliable for this particular purpose.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Tylenol and Peroxide
- Add ¼ cup of peroxide in a bowl or container.
- Add 2 tablets of Tylenol.
- Add a sample of urine.
- If there`s no change of color, you might not be pregnant.
- If the new mixture turns blue, you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Bleach
There`s a good method that you can use when you want to find out if you are pregnant through more unconventional ways. The bleach test may offer you an idea about your pregnancy. Here`s what you should do:
- Take 1 cup of bleach.
- Add a sample of your urine to the cup.
- Mix it a bit.
- Wait for about 10 minutes or so.
- If there`s a foaming appearing on the blend, then you may be pregnant. – More info!
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wine
- Put some wine in a small cup.
- Add a sample of your urine.
- Wait for a few minutes for the 2 liquids to combine.
- A lemony color means you may be pregnant.
Latch Homemade Pregnancy Test
This method was quite popular in the 15th century, but you had to wait for around 3 hours to know the result of the test.
- Put a latch in a container.
- Put a sample of your urine over it.
- Wait for around 3 hours.
- Take the latch out and if you see the outline of it on the container`s bottom, you may be pregnant.
The “Pulse” Homemade Pregnancy Test
The woman`s pulse was also a good way to notice if a woman was pregnant or not. For this method to work, the woman was supposed to lie gently on her back and touch a place on her abdomen about 8cm from her belly button. For pregnant woman, this place was characterized by a throbbing pulse. The method doesn`t offer a probability of 100%, but it`s quite important in combination with other methods. After all, it only shows that inside the woman was born a new life.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pines
- Take some parts of pine tree, either needles or twigs.
- Mix them together.
- Add a sample of your urine on them.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- If the color of the pine mixture changes, then you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Onion
This pregnancy test was quite popular in ancient Greece. At that time, women inserted an onion in their vagina and let it inside for an entire night. If the following day the woman had her breath with the onion smell, then she was considered to be pregnant.
Urine Homemade Pregnancy Test
The most revealing way to determine if a woman is pregnant or not is urine. Generally speaking, this method is used in pregnancy tests. In the past, urine was also the most informative method of determining the pregnancy of a woman.
At home, things go as it follows: a blank sheet of clean paper is used to spread a bit of urine along with a drop of iodine after. In case that the woman was pregnant, the sheet`s color changed to pink or dark blue. This was done in the morning immediately after the woman was waking up. If the color was very concentrated (dark yellow), then the probability would have been almost 100%. Plus, the urine from the evening was also good for observation.
Another method to determine a pregnancy was based also on urine and iodine. In this case, the urine was collected in a small glass in which it was placed a drop of iodine. Then it was supposed to notice the iodine`s behavior. If case that the woman was pregnant, the iodine would have remained on the surface. If not, it would have spread. The method is pretty simple and accessible for everyone.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wheat
- Grab some barley and wheat seeds.
- Mix them together.
- If the seeds get sprouted, then you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Mustard
- Grab some mustard powder and place it a hot bathtub.
- Immerse yourself in the water for around 20 minutes.
- Then take another shower like you normally take.
- If your period has occurred in the next day, you may not be pregnant.
- If there`s no period, you might be pregnant. – Check this out!
A Method from Antiquity
You should keep in mind that any of the described methods aren`t 100% sure. But their comprehensive analysis and comparison draw attention on the idea if the woman is pregnant or not.
There`s another method which at first can seem ridiculous, but according to many it worked in the past. Its usage is based on the ancient beliefs. Whether or not you trust it is a personal manner, but don`t forget that many believed that it worked.
So, the woman took an engagement ring and a piece of her hair. The ring was hanged on the piece of hair and placed above her belly. If the ring moved from one side to another or in circles, this meant that the woman was pregnant. If it didn`t moved at all, she wasn`t.
A lot of people believed that this method was based on a unique bio-current of the individual and its interaction with his biofield, which made the rink rotate. Others thought that a small shake of the hand made the rink to move. No matter the truth, every woman decides for herself, although it`s interesting to check the truth of ancient practices.
A Check of Physical Health
A good method to determine a possible pregnancy implies a constant check of the physical health. You can easily notice that woman use these methods in our present times as well. By preparing to become methods, a lot of women have begun to measure their body temperature on their own and check their period or discharges on a daily basis.
Then, based on the results they can form a schedule. However, the method is rather boring and not all women are ready to follow such a strict routine in the attempt to become a mother. Most women prefer the simpler and faster methods of the modern medicine.
Generally speaking, the content of information of most traditional methods that people use in the attempt to determine a pregnancy is insufficient. Therefore, it`s best if is to use any specific method and then double check. In case you strongly suspect you are pregnant and you are still not sure, you should get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible.
Before trying find out about more home remedy pregnancy test options, try to remember that children are the happiness and sense of life. So it`s best to visit a doctor and get a pregnancy test based on blood sample to be sure 100% about your possible pregnancy.
Note: There`s no scientific research backing up these theories. Even if you try these methods, it`s still recommended for you to take a real pregnancy test from your nearest pharmacy or consult a doctor.