15 DIY Homemade Pregnancy Tests that Work
There`s no doubt in the fact that the medicine today offers a lot of options in terms of pregnancy terms which are available in almost any store out there. But there are still women who prefer to find out if they are pregnant through more natural ways. If you are one of those women, then you probably are looking for a homemade pregnancy test that works.
Table of Contents
- 1 How Do I Confirm my Pregnancy?
- 2 How Can I Check my Pregnancy at Home without Kit?
- 3 How Do You Do the Baking Soda Gender Test?
- 4 15 Homemade Pregnancy Tests That Work
- 4.1 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Toothpaste
- 4.2 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Sugar
- 4.3 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Vinegar
- 4.4 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Soap
- 4.5 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Dandelion
- 4.6 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pine Sol
- 4.7 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Tylenol and Peroxide
- 4.8 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Bleach
- 4.9 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wine
- 4.10 Latch Homemade Pregnancy Test
- 4.11 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pines
- 4.12 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Onion
- 4.13 Urine Homemade Pregnancy Test
- 4.14 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wheat
- 4.15 Homemade Pregnancy Test with Mustard
How Do I Confirm my Pregnancy?
If you think you may be pregnant, there are a couple of choices you have to confirm your pregnancy:
- You can take a urine pregnancy test from your nearest store and test it on your own at home.
- You can ask your gynecologist to do an examination.
- You can give your urine to your doctor to test it.
- You can take a blood test at the nearest clinic.
How Can I Check my Pregnancy at Home without Kit?
- You can collect a sample of your urine in a vessel just like you would do with a normal pregnancy test.
- You then leave it without touching it for around 3 or 4 hours.
- If you see a white film forming on the urine`s surface, you may suspect a pregnancy.
- If your urine remains clear, you probably aren`t pregnant.
How Do You Do the Baking Soda Gender Test?
This test is quite simple!
- Place 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup.
- Add a sample of your urine in the cup.
- If the mixture fizzes, similar to a shaken up soft drink, then you may have a boy. If there`s no reaction, you may have a girl.
This idea may suggest that the baby`s gender may change some of the hormones in the organism of the mother, changing part of the acid content of the mother`s urine. You`ll better understand this if you have ever seen baking soda and vinegar mixed together.
15 Homemade Pregnancy Tests That Work
There are several homemade methods of testing a pregnancy that may be more or less reliable. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Toothpaste
- Take some toothpaste and put it in a bowl or container.
- Use a brush to mix it with your urine.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- If there`s hCG hormone in your urine, it will form some sort of a reaction with the chemicals of the toothpaste.
- If the new color is more bluish, you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Sugar
As you may already know, sugar is one of the most common ingredients that can be found in a kitchen. The process of this test goes like this.
- Add 2 or 3 teaspoons of sugar in a container or bowl.
- Add a sample of your urine over the sugar.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- If the sugar clumps in the container, you might be pregnant.
- If you see the whole sugar dissolved, you may not be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Vinegar
Almost any woman out there has vinegar in her kitchen. There`s a test with this ingredient that may clear things a bit about a possible pregnancy.
- Take ¼ cup of vinegar and tuna juice.
- Add a sample of your urine over them.
- Wait for a few minutes for the new mixture to combine.
- If the combination turns into green, you may be pregnant.
- If it`s yellowish, you might not be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Soap
If you are used to consume soap to wash your clothes the old fashioned way and not using an automatic washing machine, you could used it to and see if you are pregnant.
- Get a bar of soap.
- Add a sample of your urine on top of the soap.
- If you see the soap bubble up to a certain degree, chances are you might be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Dandelion
You may be quite surprised, but did you know that there`s even a pregnancy test using dandelion leaves? See how to perform this test below!
- Take 1-2 cups of dandelion leaves.
- Use a container or a bowl to add the leaves.
- Avoid putting the container in direct sunlight.
- Add a sample of your urine on top of the leaves.
- The leaves need to be completely sunk under the urine sample.
- Wait for about 10 minutes.
- If you see some red bumps on the leaves, you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pine Sol
If you have a bottle Pine Sol sitting around your bathroom, you may use it to see if you are pregnant.
- Add a small amount of Pine Sol in a cup.
- Add a sample of your urine in the same cup.
- Wait for a few minutes for the 2 liquids to mix.
- You may be pregnant if you see a change of color in the new mixture.
The idea of this test is simple. The anti-bacterial agent is considered to be quite reliable for this particular purpose.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Tylenol and Peroxide
- Add ¼ cup of peroxide in a bowl or container.
- Add 2 tablets of Tylenol.
- Add a sample of urine.
- If there`s no change of color, you might not be pregnant.
- If the new mixture turns blue, you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Bleach
There`s a good method that you can use when you want to find out if you are pregnant through more unconventional ways. The bleach test may offer you an idea about your pregnancy. Here`s what you should do:
- Take 1 cup of bleach.
- Add a sample of your urine to the cup.
- Mix it a bit.
- Wait for about 10 minutes or so.
- If there`s a foaming appearing on the blend, then you may be pregnant. – More info!
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wine
- Put some wine in a small cup.
- Add a sample of your urine.
- Wait for a few minutes for the 2 liquids to combine.
- A lemony color means you may be pregnant.
Latch Homemade Pregnancy Test
This method was quite popular in the 15th century, but you had to wait for around 3 hours to know the result of the test.
- Put a latch in a container.
- Put a sample of your urine over it.
- Wait for around 3 hours.
- Take the latch out and if you see the outline of it on the container`s bottom, you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Pines
- Take some parts of pine tree, either needles or twigs.
- Mix them together.
- Add a sample of your urine on them.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- If the color of the pine mixture changes, then you may be pregnant.
You may also want to read DIY Pregnancy Tests: Can They Be Wrong?
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Onion
This pregnancy test was quite popular in ancient Greece. At that time, women inserted an onion in their vagina and let it inside for an entire night. If the following day the woman had her breath with the onion smell, then she was considered to be pregnant.
Urine Homemade Pregnancy Test
- Put some of your urine in a bottle.
- Place the bottle on a surface that is flat and don`t touch it for 24 hours.
- It`s considered you may be pregnant if there`s a thin white layer on the top of the urine. – Read this!
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Wheat
- Grab some barley and wheat seeds.
- Mix them together.
- If the seeds get sprouted, then you may be pregnant.
Homemade Pregnancy Test with Mustard
- Grab some mustard powder and place it a hot bathtub.
- Immerse yourself in the water for around 20 minutes.
- Then take another shower like you normally take.
- If your period has occurred in the next day, you may not be pregnant.
- If there`s no period, you might be pregnant. – Check this out!
Note: There`s no scientific research backing up these theories. Even if you try these methods, it`s still recommended for you to take a real pregnancy test from your nearest pharmacy or consult a doctor.